Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Crafty Art With A Purpose

http://www.disk-art.com/gallery.htm
 
The work is crafty, but its for a good cause and I have to be honest I didnt think of it and its a good way to turn these objects into art. These objects have a second life thanks to this creative thinker.

Artist Statement
My name is Diana Ritter. All my life I’ve loved music and art which I have truly enjoyed as my creative outlets. My career as an Engineer, however took me on a more technical path. My art created with floppy disks reflect the paradox between my two worlds of technology and art.

With the continuous advancement of computers and technology, floppy disks have become obsolete. In the wake of Green Awareness, I realized there is nothing that can be done with them – except load our landfills and destroy our environment. So, I gathered up all my old disks, rescued thousands more, and used them as the “canvas” for my artwork. Now, instead of adding to these disks have become art that can last a lifetime.destruction of our environment these disks have become art that can last a lifetime.  

Like artist Leaticia Banjo, Diana Ritter takes donations and as a consolation she gives you a piece of her artwork.  

No comments:

Post a Comment